A documentation of all the blessings, big or small, I acknowledge and thank throughout my week (that I can remember) in no particular order.
- I am truly blessed to have my brother Aldon repair our apartment walls within two days. He did such a wonderful job because of his years of skills in construction and the speed and neatness he achieve it in it so great. He plastered, sanded and polished our wall and I tipped him what I could but I’m truly grateful for his time given.
- I am so happy and grateful Courtney bought our new couch! Jennifer Convertibles was having a Memorial Day sale and we scored this beautiful chaise section (wanted), sleek and modern (wanted) in grey (WANTED) for $499!! I cannot wait to get my check so I can pay my half but oh my God, the happiness and peace of mind that’s achieved by purchasing that major item for your apartment makeover is so amazing! I’m elated and cannot wait to decorate and plop down in it with baby A, and finally enjoy our living room.
- I am truly grateful for the random $10 I happened to look down and spot on my bike ride. Courtney and I JUST finished saying I didn’t’ have enough cash just in case card reader at the Subway’s we go to didn’t work and just like magic, $10. How blessed I am. It could’ve been $1 and I’d be just as elated but the universe provided me with the right amount for what I needed. I’m glad the reader did work because I was able to hold on to that $10 and helped Courtney out when purchasing our couch. He was short $10!! Not a coincidence people!
- With all my heart, thank you for reaching over 700 subscribers! Like wow, just wow. I am so thankful to just be acknowledged because making YouTube videos is something I’ve wanted to do for over seven years…SEVEN YEARS! It finally happened though and I’m slowly building and my ultimate ultimate ultimate goal, is just to inspire. I know it sounds so corny but I love to help. Actually, I’ve always wanted to be a role model and having this platform with loyal fans just makes me excited to make inspirational, informative and entertaining videos.
- I am so thankful for my sister Tracy coming over to get her hair done because as much fun as I have for doing hair and such, she, out of the goodness of her heart, pays me for my services. I love my family and wouldn’t charge. I’m just happy to see them but the fact that she gives me a bit of money helps so much. I can use it for groceries, meals, the apartment…Thank you, Tracy.
- Thank you so much for my sonogram this week. We were finally able to get Baby A’s full stats, even though he still gave the technician a bit of work and was even able to get a 3D scan! I love his little face and he looks JUST like Courtney. It’s amazing at such a young premature state, how developed his features already are. He’s also almost 2 lbs! Yummy!
- I am truly blessed for being asked to work on 5/23 on a shoot because I haven’t been working as much as I did prior to my pregnancy. The week before last, I worked a 5 day job in office/studio and I worked with Angela (my favorite production manager) and even found out I was getting $50 more than my assumed daily rate and I had such a great time catching up, working, being on set again. I’d be driving this coming Saturday and its just one day but I’m thankful for even being considered.
- Thank you so much for my girls (Tracy, Thacia & Shamara) because they’re planning our baby shower and taking the reigns on food, decorations, favors, music…I’m not a planner and a bit indecisive so having a person to tell me what and where is such a relief. Financially and mentally. I love you girls so much. Thank you.
- I am so grateful for my WIC checks. Last week I got a two month re-up and I’m just joyous to be able to get free groceries! I can never be ashamed of free food especially when I’m not on a high income. Even if I was a millionaire, who doesn’t like free food!? I’m looking forward to July’s farmer’s market checks where I get a nice amount of money to browse and shop local fresh produce and there’s nothing like fresh produce to nourish my lil boy and I.
- With all my heart, thank you for the beautiful weather last week. Summer is almost here and wow, we missed you. Warm weather means more play time outside, activities, skin showing, sandals, bright colors, care freeness…So blessed to soak up some rays and vitamin D.
Shout outs to:
- Home Depot for our supplies for renovations
- My mom for calling Aldon
- The Lady on the train that offered me a seat
- Courtney for that box of wonderful Haitian mangoes
- Marshall’s for that cute acrylic makeup organizer and discounted dry shampoo
- Pinterest and Apartment Therapy for the endless design and organization ideas
Thank you, thank you, thank you Universe. You’ve given my abundant blessings for which I cannot thank you enough but I will never stop trying. I’m so highly favored and blessed. I’m well. I’m happy. I’m inspired and will only, only go up from this day forward. This is my word. This is my stance. This is my truth. Through positivity, I will achieve.